Sunday 7 June 2009

Arrival in Moshi!

I got in to Moshi on the afternoon of June 3rd, but have been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to update my bolg before now! All my travelling went smoothly, nothing special to report. Rosmin was waiting for me at the bus station, and joined me to my hostel. There was a bit of a mix up at the hostel, they were saying they didn't have my reservation and there was no room for the weekend, etc, but Urio, the guide who was nice enough to help me out with it showed up and suddlnly everything was solved. They seem very nice, just mixed up.I met a girl from Levi in the hostel that evening, and we went out to dinner with Urio, and even though there was no electricity in town, one internet place has a generator.

On June 4th, I went to visit Rosmin, and it was nice to see everyone, they were so pleased (not a strong enough word!) with the stuff I brought that everyone gave me, it was very nice to see. I didn't do too much, still a bit tired from jetlag and all the travelling, but it gave me a chance to meet most of the kids again. Their situation has improved quite a bit in the past year. A man from the UK went to visit not too long after I went, and onated them some money to actually build a house. They're still sleeping 2-3 people per single bed, but they have a house made of solid no-holed walls, a roof that doesn't leak, and rooms for girls and boys. It's quite impressive. They have a cow (that just gave birth a few days ago), goats, their growing maize (that's slowly drying up), so I find it pretty positive. The one thing that's not finished in the house is the bathrooms, and their outhouse is "full". It's the only one they have, so they're still using it, as did I today, but I won't go into details about it... Rosmin just told me it was "African style"!

No comments:

Post a Comment